SENIOR FORMAL SECTION
FOR THE CLASS OF 2020!
How do I get my Picture in the Senior Formal Section of the Yearbook?
All Senior Photos must be taken with a black Suit or Drape.
Photos must be received by: October 1, 2019
1) Hire a Professional Photographer
2) Use Prestige Photos (FREE)
See below for all of the details:
Your senior photo must look similar to the examples above to be accepted.
STUDENT ID PHOTOS NOT ACCEPTED.
Read below for full details.
Dear Parent/Guardian of the Class of 2020:
The time has come to plan for the 2020 East Syracuse Minoa High School Yearbook. This letter will give you the information on how to get your picture included in the senior formal section of the yearbook. All senior portraits must be photographed in either a tuxedo (or a black suit jacket with shirt and tie) or drape and received by the yearbook staff by October 1, 2019. All pictures must follow all of our editorial guidelines or they will not be used.
There are two options available:
First, you can choose to use an independent, professional photographer. You are responsible for any expenses and your photographer must follow all of our guidelines for submission. More details below on this option.
Second, you can use the yearbook’s contracted photographer at no cost to you.
Option 1: If you opt to have your picture taken by a photographer other than Prestige Portraits, they MUST meet our editorial guidelines for submission, including drape and tux (black suit jacket with shirt and tie), and be delivered to us by the deadline; otherwise, they will not be included. Also, pictures taken for student IDs at the school are NOT accepted. Our guidelines for submission are found below. Be sure to provide these to your photographer. They may contact us with any questions.
Option 2: This year we have made arrangements for Prestige Portraits to take photos of all our seniors. This will ensure that every single senior is represented in the senior portrait gallery of our yearbook, and that their portrait meets our yearbook specifications at no cost to you. This year all seniors will be photographed in either a tuxedo (black suit jacket with shirt and tie) or a drape. This is provided by Prestige Portraits.
Portrait sessions are by advance appointment in the High School’s Auditorium on June 20 and 21, and August 28. Update: We have added August 29 and October 1 dates.
Prestige Portraits offers indoor and outdoor photography and a variety of session types including a no charge session.
Go to Prestigeportraits.com to schedule your appointment by August 4.
Call 315-752-3081 and select option 2 for a studio appointment in the Cicero Studio.
Prestige Portraits: Country Max Plaza, 5962 Route 31, Cicero, New York 13039
Your Prestige yearbook image will automatically be delivered to the school. Each student will have the opportunity to purchase a portrait package, but no purchase is necessary. Should you choose to purchase a package, a portion of sales is given back to the yearbook by Prestige. They also provide photographers at no charge, to photograph events at your school that make up our yearbook.
Deadline for all senior portrait submission: October 1, 2019
IF YOU HIRE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER,
PROVIDE THEM WITH THESE GUIDELINES
The following guidelines MUST be met to be included in the Senior Formal Section of the yearbook:
1. DIGITAL PICTURES ONLY. Color photographs, only. The files must be in jpeg format at 300dpi resolution. The name of the file should be the student's last name_first name
2. PRINT SIZE RATIO: 2 x 2.5 inches. Portrait orientation, only; no landscape orientations.
3. HEAD SIZE RATIO: 1.25 inches measured from top of head to bottom of chin.
4. LIGHTING RATIO: 4:1 highlight to shadow ratio.
5. CONTRAST: Must be good graduation tones.
6. BACKGROUND: Corners must be dark with medium hot spot behind head and shoulders, slightly mottled.
7. BACKGROUND COLOR - Predominantly soft, mottled, subtle tones of grey or blue. No non-traditional backgrounds or exteriors.
8. CLOTHING. Tuxedo, suit jacket (black) with a shirt and tie, or drape (black). See examples of acceptable photos above.
9. POSES. Subject’s head and shoulders turned at an angle. No extreme head tilts or angles, No hands, No Feet, No mug shots, No Trees, No instruments, No sports equipment. No exterior photos or walls of any kind.
10. IDENTIFICATION. The senior’s last and first name must be on submitted jpeg file for positive identification. For example, Doe_Jane.jpg. (The photographer’s name must also be supplied).
Please Note: Yearbook portraits that do not meet above specifications will not be included in the East Syracuse Minoa yearbook.
Please Note: You are ultimately responsible for having this photograph taken and that it is not the responsibility of East Syracuse Minoa High School to ensure that each senior has taken a portrait to be included in the yearbook. If you do not submit a picture by the deadline which meets the requirements. We do not use pictures taken for student IDs and School Tool.
PHOTOGRAPHERS IN OUR COMMUNITY
If you are a professional photographer in our community who will fulfill all of the above requirements,
and you would like to be list here as an option for students and parents, please email us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studio Name, contact name, phone number, address, website address.
We look forward to working with you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHS
How do I know if my picture was accepted and will be included in the book?
An announcement will be made in for all seniors to check a draft of the senior section posted in the main lobby. If you are not on this board, we do not have your picture. You will need to turn it at that time. Next, all seniors will be called down to sign off that their picture was in the book.
More information will be posted in this section in the future.